Blog Archive

Friday 2 November 2007

Fight the Power - Express Yourself!

Today I had one of my top moments in Berlin so far - seriously, I felt like I'd reached what I've been looking for.

Walking from the U-Bahn station in Kreuzberg I followed the instructions, finding the gate in the wall, going past the bikes on the left and into the courtyard. It was totally dark, except for some lights on the first floor...

I got there, ready for the class to begin - oh yes, this was Hip Hop Dance!

There were six of us, mostly anglophones, and I shaked my groovething!! It felt so good to move, and because the windows were open on to the street, we looked like some kind of class from Fame.

Yippee!

1 comment:

Kristiāna said...

Dance is a lesson, it is expression, it is war and it is seduction.

Fucking yes, dance should be on the compulsory education cards!

k
p.s. If you want to see more street dancing, head down to the Zoo area and walk around the bars for a while, there is usually street dancing going on at night...