Blog Archive

Wednesday 10 October 2007

Panini Heaven

I've moved in! Already I feel very much at home, which is great. The one joy of living abroad is that I don't have the endless titbits and random belongings which clutter my room most of the time! However, one trip to Ikea can't do any harm...

This afternoon I went for a long walk around my 'kiez' which is the German word for your 'hood' but in the non-ghetto sense... The area of Friedrichshein is in the east of the city - and where I am is pretty residential, nearly quiet. However, once I get my bike (to send over from England? to buy in Holland in 2 weeks time? to buy in a fleamarket? oh the questions!) I will be 10-15 minutes from the best places in Berlin - I can't wait!

The area where I spent the afternoon is called Prenzlauer Berg - with the highest percentage of babies in the whole of Germany. Love it. Best panini ever - seriously, I'm not missing UK food and prices....

Elke, whose room I am now living in, told me this evening that there is a German saying that you should pay careful attention to what you dream on the first night in a new house - so I shall hope the dreams are good!

Bis bald!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Cas,
Wat leuk, je blog!
Fijn dat je het naar je zin hebt in Berlijn!
Begrijp ik het goed dat je over 2 weken naar Nederland komt? Hoe dan ook, je bent altijd welkom in Groningen.
liefs Suus