Blog Archive

Wednesday 14 November 2007

Drama


I realised that I hadn't actually read the news for a week, so I got myself a copy of the IHT and headed off to try another local Stammtisch in the hope of finding a hidden gem. The bitter lemon was flat, and the cheesy Italian pop did little for me - but, and this is probably worth drinking there the whole night, the urinals were the BEST I have ever seen.

Those gents amongst us who enjoy the 'aiming at the painted fly' game on some urinals, are in for a treat. These loos had small football goals set up - with a dangling ball hanging from the crossbar, and with the power of your urine, and your urine alone, you could push the ball into the net.

Wow.

But it gets better!

This morning, as I cycled through Kreuzberg to meet up with two people from my Hip Hop class (tomorrow again - yay!), we found out that the Gay Museum, where one of them works, was closed. We thought we'd go for a quick coffee anyway - and boy, if I haven't found the gayest cafe in the world...

It is called 'Drama', and is totally pink; the chairs, the walls, the biscuits and the chandelier. The waiters are suitably camp, but the best was the hideous Faux-Chinoise sketches of naked Asian boys on the wall.

And I haven't even started the anecdote of the man setting his trousers alight on the U-Bahn last night...

No comments: